I’m back! After a week in the “wilderness” of Malaya, I’m finally back! It has been a really fantastic trip! The trip was great and the company was even better. The whole group was fantastic but Raaha (the guniang), Hendri (handy hen), Yongkai (stiffy) and Natasha (AJ) were the perfect traveling kakis! I’m supposed to be the “midget”... but I resent that. =P We had so much fun just laughing bout nothing in the bus. Haha...
The trip was fun but tiring. The long treks down the rubber and oil palm plantations... the high and scary climbs up the high ridges... the pouring rain and the scalding sun... I thought I’d turn into a baked potato walking down the long railway road in the sun!! I think the worst of the lot would have to be the mosquitoes. The sheer amount of bug spray and sun block I put on was unbelievable! But the bugs just kept on coming! =_=
So! Two things I absolutely cannot stand on this trip would be the mosquitoes and the smell of the insect repellent! God…even now, I feel like puking when I think of that smell. I honestly don’t know which was worse…. the bugs, or the bugs’ spray. =_=
Learning bout the “driving charge” of the Japanese as we did on this trip, we really ought to admire the Japanese for their initiative and daring... their tank division was awe-inspiring! Esp Watanabe! As prof Farrell said, it’s “Tempo! Tempo! Tempo!” the Brits and the Allied soldiers couldn’t keep up and things just started falling apart. It’s amazing how a few bad decisions of the commanders on the British side made matters so much worse than it could have been. =_=
I really have the utmost respect for the Aussies! The ambush they set up at Trolak was fantastic to say the least. They were really great fighters! Esp Colonel Anderson. Charging through at least 7 roadblocks by the Japanese with heavy artillery, equipments, and wounded. Though he failed in the end to escape to friendly territory with all of his wounded and equipments, he was still an extraordinary leader/fighter. *Salute*
3 comments:
mozzies!?? anyway.. looks like u had fun.. learn anything or not!? hehehehe..
haha...learnt that there exist a far wider intellectual gap between me and some of my classmates. T_T
makes me sad. T_T
in the end, u're still kangkong gals.. dun worry abt it..
Post a Comment