Saturday, April 12, 2008

The $400 Challenge!

This weekend seems more dreary than others. It could be that the weather's pretty bad or it could be that I was not feeling too good the past week. Hmmm... but I feel that the real reason could be the amount of work yet undone. Work is really a chore. I guess that's why we get paid to do work. Otherwise, there's really no good reason for us to work ya? To hell with work satisfaction! The only satisfaction I'll get is when I can afford to "work" as a hobby and not for necessity.

Enough whining about work I guess... everyone's plagued with the exact same problem. Unless one's still a student. =_= Oh how I envy these kids. 

J revealed that one of her colleagues survived on $270 a month. My jaw literally just dropped. I can spent double... no, make that triple that amount in one day without breaking a sweat! As such, I'm feeling shamed at my spendthrift ways. $270 or even $300 a month is impossible for me. I can't even spend within that budget since I entered NUS. So! I'll take on the $400/month challenge from the 12th April to the 11th May! No more impulse buys, no more (too) expensive meals, most importantly, no more cab rides back from town! Will take public transport from now on! Hell! If that's not enough, I'll even pack food for school!

I haven't spent within that budget for at least 3-4 years now. Hopefully, my $400 challenge will succeed! =)

7 comments:

DQ said...

I remember a certain $1000 dollar challenge.. some trip to Japan. That was saving wasn't it? hahaha.. ganbatte, its not as easy as it seems but u can try! =D

saizou said...

er jie! that was when i wasn't earning money yet i think. hehe... anyways, maybe i should make it a $500 challenge instead. =P

i'm suffering!

DQ said...

try $600. $400 is too big a shock for u at the first try. lol

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. How's the challenge going? :P

Anonymous said...

I would kowtow to you if you manage it.. Don't think I managed to do that even in my poverty-stricken schooldays.. And that was already pure misery.. Ganbatte!!

P.S. The guy shocks me too

saizou said...

failed

DQ said...

i won't say you failed if you managed to watch your expenses more during this period. $400 IS quite hard...