Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Growing up and apart?

Heh. My kids are adorable. Most of them anyway. Their trivial little troubles bothers them so much. I guess I was the same way back then. Then I grew up and those trivial little troubles seems so minute and insignificant. Time really plays a major role in a lot of things. We grow up, grow apart from some friends, make new ones, get interested in new things, lose interest in others. This cycle never seems to differ from individual to individual. It's kinda pointless to expect others to stay the same way when you're constantly changing yourself.

A few months ago, I'm very bothered by the fact that a friend was acting differently towards me. Was it something I did? Was it something I said? I guess on hindsight, we're just growing apart. I was really bothered ya know. Coz this friend is very important to me. Now, it all seems so trivial to me. I've not made any new friends in these few months, there's no new interests to occupy my mind... well, except photography. hehe... but other than that. I don't see how my life has changed in the past few months. But what seemed so important and bothered me so much then, hardly seems to matter now. I guess self-preservation kicks in and I began to pull back myself. Perhaps this friendship (of quite a few years I might add) might fizzle out... perhaps we just needed time away from each other... I don't know and while I can't say that it doesn't bother me at all, it's not that important to me now. Time really plays an important role in a lot of things. 

Maybe the problem lies with me. I'm just not that bothered to put in effort in most relationships. But what's the point? Nothing ever remains constant. Haha... maybe that's why it never lasts.

No comments: