Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All dogs go to heaven

I woke up at 3.48am and couldn't really get back to sleep. Perhaps it'll help if I write about it. Yesterday, my Toby passed on. It was the fits. The vet suspected brain tumour. He's only in his 7th year. I remember seeing the slight grey on his coat and thinking to myself, 'how did this get there so fast?' I remember him that morning, lying there sleeping as per usual, as he was always doing. =( I remember telling Tita that he needs a bath coz he's going to be without one the whole week Tita will be in hospital. According to mummy, he had a nice bath that morning and ate lunch before the fits occur. Mummy choose common cremation for Toby. At least he'll have friends there.

I think the person taking this the hardest is my Tita. She's the one who's always with Toby. Even mummy and daddy cried. But I think it hits her the most. I wish he's still around so I can hug him when I feel like it. I miss him so much.

But I definitely do not regret Toby. Had a short talk with J and we talked bout his past incidents and habits a little. I think he brought the family joy as well as a little trouble sometimes but mostly just joy. And my life is richer with his brief presence in my life. At least now, I can safely say. I actually like animals more than their human counterparts. Friends are different of course. Toby was more than a friend. He was family. Even though I do not regret Toby, I don't think I'll ever have another dog again. That peace-loving dog is irreplaceable.

No comments: