Thursday, March 04, 2010

Oops! I'm not interested....

I sort of realised this theory a while back. It might not be a revelation or anything but this simple fact governs most any human relations.

Interest is reciprocal in nature. Those people who are nice and really interested in the lives of people around them have the liking of these people. These people are generally popular and well-liked. To be liked by people, you have to like them first. I don't like most people much.

Like most emotions and relations, interest's a tit for tat sort of thing. You're interested in what I'm saying and therefore, I'm interested in your life.

Me... I'm simply not interested in a lot of things and to expect me to pretend to show interest is excruciating. When someone is going on and on about some stupid shit or when I read something nonsensical and redundant, my eyes just glaze over and I'm playing tennis with my imaginary friend in the clouds. That being said, I do have self-awareness, I'm not the most interesting person in the universe or anything where even close to it. To be fair, if I'm not interested in you or anything you have to say, I don't expect you to pay attention to me. I don't blame you if you're not interested in my stuff. So if I have no reaction, I'm sincerely NOT interested. Nothing personal there... much. Looking at it in another angle, if I express interest, I'm really interested. No faking there. Just a random rant coz some people really think that they're god's gifts to others. =_=

No comments: