Sunday, December 03, 2006

The dreaded course that turned out to be not so dreadful in the end...

Heh. For all the whining I've done about "the course", I'd actually enjoyed it lots! I've learnt things I'd never have thought I'd learn in my life, had the experience of overcoming my fear, and knowing some of the most amazing people (some are not so amazing...) through the course of these 3 weeks. I wouldn't say that I'm a full convert, but I've began to see the allure of uniformed groups. The things you learn, the experiences you experience, even the bonding between squadmates... These are the stuff you can't find anywhere else. Even though this course ate up a significant part of my precious holidays, it's still worth it. I do yearn to be free from the course at times, but now that it's over, I feel kinda sad. But still, I'm left with a new found respect for my CCA now.


Went into the "Furnace". The flames were beautiful.... But super scary lah. Still, it's one of the more interesting experiences during the course...


After "attempting" to put out a fire (which cannot be put out coz it was remote controlled), me and my act-cute buddy decided to pose for the camera. Hahaha...


here's my squad, all dressed up in hazmat suits, marching merrily along to the "gas chambers".


Here's us again after experiencing the effects of tear gas without the protection of the suits. With the suits on, we really couldn't feel any effects. But we were made to remove some parts of the suits and to take off our masks at some point of time and that's when the effect really hits us. Woah... Not a pleasant experience... but definitely interesting to say the least...

2 comments:

heartw|sh* said...

woah wensi in uniform!!!

saizou said...

yesh! call me mdm zhou!~

hahahahhhaahhaha