Monday, May 21, 2007

The arrogance of some people never cease to amaze me...

Anyways, I was blog surfing as usual and went to this blog that I went to quite regularly. He's quite funny lah and the stuff he talks about is quite relevant to my line of work. haha... I'd admit that sometimes I don't quite buy his way of thinking and sometimes I find that he moralises too much for my liking. I mean, shit happens, deal with it. But I guess blogging is his way of letting off steam and who am I to criticise.

The arrogance that I found distasteful was not his. It's from this comment on his blog on a particular issue of how parents abused the privilege of writing parents' letters. This guy actually criticised the profession as a whole and claimed that we are "fools". Well, apart from the spelling and grammatical errors, his comment is really quite irritating to read. I won't nit-pick because my own language abilities is not top-notch in the least. And well, I won't say it had not affected me because it did. But what amazed me was the sheer narrow-mindedness, short-sightedness and selfishness of it all. That someone holding that point of view actually exists and could very well be the parent or the future parent of a kid.

"Actally, a child should make the final say on his outcome of his educaztion. After that, its the parents. You teachers should not have the right to decide the wrong from the right, the morally ethical to the unethical and above all u should never get to decide if the event is compulsory."

This paragraph seriously cracked me up! I was really laughing my ass off when I read it. I mean... hehehehe... he's seriously delusional. But since he's entitled to his own opinion, I'd say... I'm really glad I'm not teaching his kids or him for that matter. And I do wonder how well people with that kind of thinking will live in this society.

"And dont glamorize teacher. Nothing great about it. Alot of people can do that too. Hell, a fellow classmate usually does a better job explaining a concept than an NIE trained teacher."

Actually, I do agree with this sentence. We're not saints. It's a bloody job. We teach, we get paid. If we care, it's a by-product. There are good teachers out there and there are lousy ones. Bloody fact of life. Let's not generalise too much. But I would also say to this seriously fucked up idiot not to send his kids to school to be educated by teachers in the future. Try home-schooling if he's so great. =P It'll save us a whole lot of trouble this way.

1 comment:

heartw|sh* said...

=\ wah lao.