Thursday, January 24, 2008

And its over!

Somehow... today doesn't seem too real. I don't really have a firm grip on reality today. First off... I was greeted by a huge purple dinosaur (namely barney) as my birthday present by my crazy bunch of colleagues, then it's off for a frantic and chaotic day of analysing results, keying in different grades and giving out result slips. All in all, many of my kids are eligible for poly courses. Of course, not all are happy with their grades but that's only to be expected. I wasn't totally happy with their grades too. But I have to agree that as long as they can get somewhere, it's enough. Today Ah Gu said something very "profound" (totally unlike him I would say) =p-"its not where you are now but where you end up that matters". The results at this stage is only a small stepping stone to bigger and better things in life.

Oh ya, my current form class was rather sweet today. They pretended that a fight broke out and asked me to get to class. But when I flung the door open and screamed "Bloody idiots!!!", they started singing a happy birthday song for me and there was a slice of cake on the table. I was really rather touched, considering the fact that I was ready to start screaming at them for "fighting".

My darling class came back today for results. One guy from my ex-form class actually wrote me a rather long note and gave it to me when I gave him his results. Needless to say, the note really touched me. Another kid gave me a keychain but spelt my name wrongly. Haha... but he's another sweet kid so I forgive him! Yet another told me he want to become a history teacher in the future. He was one of the few who qualify for JC. I don't know if he's joking or being serious but I'm happy.

Its these little things that keeps me going on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Your kids are so sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

It's always the little things, eh... How well I know that.