And so... the new year has started... I don't feel too bad. The classes are manageable. Not much of a spark there... but I guess the first class will always leave an impression. My new form class is rather sweet. Not too bad I would say, but I don't really know them all that well yet. Got to give it time.
My "darling" ex-students came back on friday. Still as cheeky as ever. =_= I actually missed them so it was good to see them again.
I've been thinking over this for a while and have come to a conclusion that while I have an extreme aversion to all the "wayang" and ridiculous data entry admin involved, I do actually like the classroom teaching and the exam marking. Strange but true. I do like to mark. At least I KNOW that it helps the kids. Rather than all the ridiculous wayang aimed at showcasing some idiots' portfolio. So I probably will leave the service soon. Once I can.
School aside, I just found out that my senior became a dad yesterday!! Was kinda surprised when I got his sms though I did know that the baby's due in January this year. Was struck by a sense of nostalgia, it seems like yesterday when I entered NUS and met this bunch of crazy seniors in the NUSKK. And this actually happened more than half a decade ago. Hehe... got to admit that I'm not as young as I thought I am anymore. But anyways! Congrats ZX!!!! I'm sure junior will be as suave as you are. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment