One of my very first batch of kids. Truth be told, I felt as though they were my kids.... hahaha....one of the very few moments when I truly felt maternal.
Today wasn't half-bad. It wasn't as entertaining as last year but the important thing about Teachers' Day was all about the kids. And this year, many of them came back for a short visit. MH and D came all the way back to see me even though they've graduated 2 years back. Truth be told, I was touched. YJ, Zul and Sally came back as well. =) But I really think they came back more to see their friends more than to see me. Haha... it was also good to see SL and MY, to know that they're doing well. My 4E3'08 came back as well and all looked just as cute! Grown up slightly but still adorable.
Truth be told, I love presents! This year, I had the same kinda presents as previous years, minus the cups. But then again, that's a good thing. It's hard to find storage space for ceramic stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love all the stuff. The wackier the better. A special mention this year would be the video made by the chipmunk where she sang and played the guitar. She's adorable lah, though always so naughty. But then, what I love the most are the cards the kids make. I think my form class really put in effort this year and while I do love the assorted little stuff toys, pens and the odd coaster here and there, I love their cards! I love the solidarity they presented to the school when we all came in our class t-shirts and the way they sang the Barney song for me and wished me "Happy Teachers' Day" right smack in the corridor.
I can really say that I will miss this batch when they graduate this year. They might not have been the best class academically or even in terms of attitude and whatnots, but they're definitely the best in my point of view. They have spirit and character and I guess that's what counts for the most! Haha... in my point of view at least. =) I'll take good care of the cards they made and when I'm feeling down bout my work, I'm sure they will cheer me up! =)
1 comment:
v nice looking cards =) bet your heart melted and u forgave all their transgressions... for all of 2 mins.
Post a Comment