Sunday, June 20, 2010

Taking stock of stuff

What triggered this? Hmmm... I would have to say that an ex-colleague turned friend triggered this post. We weren't exactly friends when she was still in service. I was the nervous newbie and she's the cool and self-possess senior that we all looked up to. The rest of the newbies had the time during their practicum to know the colleagues better but I entered with no such advantage. So I stood at the side and watch them interact. They were the cool cliche. Then one by one, they started to leave. Greener pastures for more capable people I guess. hahaha.... ironically, it took their resignation before we could become friends of a sort through the impromptu and organised meet-ups of the group.

Through these interactions, we sort of got to know each other better. I wouldn't say we are bosom pals but at least I would count them as friends instead of just ex-colleagues. And I'd have to say that I really admire her attitude in life. The heck them all and I don't care what others thought of me attitude. Best of all, she made sense without sounding whiny or like she was complaining. I wish I had that. To tell the people who pissed me off to just fuck off. I guess for me, moral courage is not enough. Financial independence is needed for that kinda attitude.

I must save more money. =P

No comments: