Sunday, May 30, 2010

Personal Best??

Today I finished my very first 10km event. Shall call it an event or a walk instead of a run because I walked majority of the way instead of running. haha...

Signed up for this way back in december last year.... told myself that I'll train hard for it. Result? Training done.... zero. But I decided to go for it anyway, thinking to myself that even if I walked all the way, as long as I do not stop, I'll be able to finish 10km since the time limit would be 2 hours. Later on, I found out that the limit's 3 hours! Wah! Happiness! But I forgot to collect my racepack and dot forgot to collect hers too. Without a tag, there's no way we can participate. Decided to try our luck anyways and found out on sat itself that we can still collect our race packs there and then! Again, double happiness! But dot had to ran an errand for work and I opted to follow her. The errand, the closure of roads plus the evening traffic made us almost 1.5 hours late for the race!

We decided to run anyways. I was kind of reluctant since my primary motive was the medal and if we didn't finish the race before 10, there would be no medal. Frankly speaking.... I have no confidence that I can finish 10km in 1.5 hours. Esp when I'm super unfit and had zero training.... was on the verge of giving up and going back to wait for dot in her car since I'm only holding dot back. But decided to try for it at the last minute with the mentality that I'll chuck all thoughts of medal out of my head and just finish the 10km.

We did it~ =) am super happy now!!! Was it my personal best? Hmmm... I wouldn't exactly say so... but at least I finished what I set out to do! Yosha!

3 comments:

DQ said...

wah.. I don't believe it. You had the courage to sign up for it, and u went through with it. Well done san-mei!

grumpy old lady down under said...

I heard about that from gerie! good on ya, mate!

saizou said...

thanks guys! =D