Saturday, August 07, 2004

Equivalent Trade?

The theory of equivalent trade... is it applicable in relationships? Haha...I guess not. But I think to a certain extent, this theory applies everywhere. Recently I’ve been giving this matter thought. In all relationships, there’s a subtle balance of give and take. There’s no such thing as a one-sided relationship. Well... not for long anyway. Humans being the self-centered, selfish creatures that we are. =P

I think that at certain points in my life, either consciously or sub-consciously, I’ve neglected/alienated some of my very old, very dear friends. Well, while some of them are not so dear anymore, others still are. =P I’m not the most “giving” of creatures and I’m about as capricious as can be. So I guess majority of the fault is to be found with me.

My priorities changed and their priorities changed. It’s unrealistic and unfair to expect things to stay the same when I’ve done little or nothing to sustain the relationship. It’s also unfair for me to begrudge them their new priorities and new friends. I can hardly continue "taking" when I no longer "give" to the relationship in question. =_=

bleah...I guess the theory of equivalent trade really does apply in relationships. =_=

2 comments:

f said...

There's only one way to solve the problem - get your hands on the Philosopher's Stone! Saizou no Renkinjutsushi! =P

saizou said...

hahahahaha....Saizou no Renkinjutsushi!
Philosopher's Stone, if have, i also want!
=P