Finally met up with some of the NIE peeps (ra, shizhi, pearl, chin chye and auntie) on Wednesday. Fabulous! We should meet up more often guys! Next time with nat, yueheng and uncle! The Turkish food was great and the company was fantastic. All in all, a great day! We have to meet up again soon!
Thursday took a turn for the worse… I started teaching for real on Thursday. Murphy’s Law was the rule of the day. Whatever could go wrong went wrong. It was for most part my fault I guess. I did not go for a trial run using my baby ibook even though I know I’m not too familiar with its functions. In the end, I conducted a chaotic and confusing first lesson. I couldn’t even cover half of what I had originally planned! The subsequent lessons were equally bad though not as chaotic as the first one. I feel as though the students were looking at me with a “Man! You’re incompetent” look in their eyes! T_T Felt so depressed over the lack of quality in my lessons. That was totally not what I had envisioned my first lesson to be! But I’ll have to thank one of my CT (who is also a Shahrukh Khan fan), who helped me solve this very horrid IT problem!
Actually, one thing I can be grateful about is that all my CTs are freaking nice! All three of them!! I really think it all depends on luck. Whenever I hear about ra’s CT’s newest “exploits” I feel thankful. Hang in there ra! Don’t let him get you down!
Took a cab down for training after school… cab ride cost me 18 freaking bucks! I really should buy the shares of the cab company. Transport is taking up almost half my pay!! Oh well, it was worth it coz I got to see Kato Sensei! It was great seeing him so healthy and vibrant. He’s honestly the most healthy 70plus years old man I know. Did not get a chance to spar with him. Hopefully I’ll be able to on Sunday’s training. Yosh! I’m feeling enthusiastic about training yet again… it’s really 'mind over body'.
Friday was a good day. My lessons went ok… or at least that’s what I would like to think so. Covered what I intended to cover and perhaps with the use of IT, I got to show off my keynote presentations. Haha…but the actual fact was that anything would be considered an improvement from Thursday. =_=
Stayed in school till 6!! But it was real fun! Back in the workroom, as the hour got later, I could blast my mp3s and chat and laugh with my fellow trainees. But as we were happily bopping to a Eminem song, my SCM walked into the work area… =_= I had to roll myself over (was on a chair with wheels) discreetly and turned down the volume…
Highlight of the day -Met up with J for makan at ikea. Coz of the crowd at the restaurant, we just sat at one of the displays and talked for ages. The meatballs at ikea were fantastic! Yum!
J, let’s go eat Turkish food soon! They have really salty stuff! Hehe…
Good friends really make my day. =)
5 comments:
hi wensi!
nice blog here, saw this from yueheng's blog. hope u r coping well with the prac! take care :)
janice
Yeah, I wanna eat the grilled fish you raved about. w00t! :P
hey janice! good luck to ya for your practicum too!
oh ya! please tell me more about the culture at BG k. i'm thinking of applying there. =P
J! yosh! we have to go soon... i'm thinking about the fish too! hehehe... maybe after payday? T_T
hmm i think you will find it a joy to work in BG cos the discipline cases milder here. n some kids r funny. esp the sec 1s, v angelic n cute. only thing is, they dun respect trainee teachers so there, a bit of a challenge. staff culture is gd n nice here. :)
hey wenz...don't bitch about me disappearing on you...:( you rendevous-ed with j w/o me...and at ikea too...meatballs! *wail wail*
Post a Comment