Sunday, April 09, 2006

Life outside school…

Sometimes, it’s easy to be consumed by school life. Practicum takes up so much time and it’s so easy to be overwhelmed by it all. Thank goodness for my dearest friends outside the school context, like J and the kendo peeps, who’s always there to hear me whine and offer constructive comments.

Went out with the kendo peeps on Thursday night because Z came back from Japan… that lucky thing! =_= It was so good to meet up with the gang. All the conversations about training, about who’s back and who’s missing and who’s being irritating, really made me realize how much I miss trainings and hanging out with them. They are really a hilarious bunch of juniors/friends. There’s no doubt that the kendo community is a really close-knit one. It made me a little sad that I’ve excluded myself recently because of practicum. Yosh! I have to make time to go back for training… though I’ll most likely not survive the training… =_=

Friday was exciting… there’s no other word to describe the experience. The exhilaration of rushing out an assignment on the deadline itself coupled with the planning of lessons for the day made for a very exciting day indeed. But I’m glad I managed to churn it out. Now there’s only the literature assignment left. Hehe… I’m sure the Good Friday weekend is sufficient. But it was good to see my NIE mates. Good to chat about our experiences and gossip about “the thing”. Can't wait to see them in back in NIE!

Only a few more weeks to go… I’ll be glad to go back to NIE but I’ll surely miss the kids at DS. It started real slow but they’re starting to get really adorable. Hmmm... I wonder why... *ponders*

Ps: J dearest! Thank you thank you thank you!!! Words cannot express my gratitude… what would I do without you!~ But expectations really kills… the book wasn’t as good as I’d hope it would be. =_=

2 comments:

f said...

Haha. You're most welcome. :)

Oh well, think positive. Maybe when you re-read the book a couple of months later, it'll seem better. Some stories are like that! :P

heartw|sh* said...

heheh miss you!!!