I thought it apt that the first post of the year should contain notes on things I'm thankful for in 2009.
- My family -am grateful that they're healthy and happy and still with me. Though Tita and Toby are no longer around. I do hope that Tita will come back to us soon!
- My work has been all right this year round. Nothing huge happened and I guess I ought to be grateful for that.
- My kids were and still are wonderful! And I'm especially happy that some of my ex-students still bothered to keep in touch with me. Am especially happy when I get msgs from them or when I see them.
- My colleagues (now minus more than a few) were so important to me in school. I don't think I'll be able to get by with them to bitch to when something bad cropped up in school.
- My friends -last but definitely not the least. But of course! Some more important than others. I rank my friends remember? hahaha.... but in no particular order....
C for hanging around even though I'm not such a good friend sometimes. For being understanding and patient even though my temper gets the better of me sometimes. For making the effort to keep in touch when I'm such a bum.
D for all the rides you give without expecting anything in return. For dropping by unexpectedly just for a random chat. For pushing me to gym even though I would rather bum at home. For fetching me to ubi and pushing me to sign up for a driving course.
R for being there for me to bitch to when I needed a listening ear. For being an evil shopping fairy and for being a bad influence! LOL! But seriously, for being such a great friend that even though we don't meet up much, things remain cool!
N for giving us a sweet god-daughter to dote on! For the N-express (that one and only time). For being there with R for me to bitch to even though you're a busy working mummy now.
L for agreeing with all my bitchy complaints and never letting me feel that I'm weird or evil coz you're even more weird and evil than me! hahaha.... For being there (not so much this year) to accompany me to PP or East Coast when I'm damn bored! For letting me crash at your place and making me breakfast on top of it!
P for the friendship, support and companionship that didn't come at any price. For letting me crash at your place (this applies to L too!!) and making me masala tea and milo! For your trust when you signed as the guarantor for my bond! I promise to study hard!
B for your nonsense. For your crazy loud "Boonzzzz!! wanna go for coffee!" in the staffroom. For your crazy comments that cracked me up even though you're no longer here. For the crazy makan and KTV sessions.
S for the rides to Masters classes every week, for the powerpoints that saved my life more than once! For the friendship and support in the staffroom!
S for letting us make fun of you and not get angry much! For the laughter and craziness that you inspire. For the companionship and support in the staffroom! For letting me tag along to your movie date with your friend! hehe... for all the bitching and gossiping and crazy KTV sessions!
N for giving us a sweet god-daughter to dote on! For the N-express (that one and only time). For being there with R for me to bitch to even though you're a busy working mummy now.
L for agreeing with all my bitchy complaints and never letting me feel that I'm weird or evil coz you're even more weird and evil than me! hahaha.... For being there (not so much this year) to accompany me to PP or East Coast when I'm damn bored! For letting me crash at your place and making me breakfast on top of it!
P for the friendship, support and companionship that didn't come at any price. For letting me crash at your place (this applies to L too!!) and making me masala tea and milo! For your trust when you signed as the guarantor for my bond! I promise to study hard!
B for your nonsense. For your crazy loud "Boonzzzz!! wanna go for coffee!" in the staffroom. For your crazy comments that cracked me up even though you're no longer here. For the crazy makan and KTV sessions.
S for the rides to Masters classes every week, for the powerpoints that saved my life more than once! For the friendship and support in the staffroom!
S for letting us make fun of you and not get angry much! For the laughter and craziness that you inspire. For the companionship and support in the staffroom! For letting me tag along to your movie date with your friend! hehe... for all the bitching and gossiping and crazy KTV sessions!
G, F and KK for being great friends and meeting up with us despite not being "there" anymore. You lucky things you!
At the start of a new year, I asked myself. Why am I in this profession when I can't stand the administrative work and the additional duties, not to mention the occasional and more than occasional wayang we have to do? Would I want to try something else? Why am I still hanging around? The bond is one reason of course (don't worry bhai, I'll study hard and not break my bond!) the other reason would be that the kids make me happy. I smile when I see them. Well... most of them anyway. =P
No comments:
Post a Comment