Been thinking a lot about my future prospects recently too. Comparing the pros and cons of being in the civil service, ie. MOE, to working in the private sector. I fear I’ve been a product of the system for too long. I feel unsettled if my future’s not accounted for. Being in MOE would be the most stable path to take. A lot of my history classmates will also be at NIE! That’s a good thing I guess. It’ll be almost like school. And I’ll most probably take the offer if they offer it to me.
Note: I haven’t actually gotten the offer yet. I’m just assuming that I get it. If I get it, I’ll be spared the anxieties and apprehension of searching for a job in the private sector.
But the private sector has its own advantages too. The nature of the work, the opportunities, the experiences, the pay… and unless I plan to stay a teacher for life, I guess I can’t escape the anxieties and apprehension that most everyone have to go through. Will i be able to give up the relatively high pay at MOE to start all over again in the private sect0r? I honestly don't know. Oh well, if MOE rejected me, I guess I’ll take a chance and try out the JET program in December. If they accepted me, I’ll have to try out for it 4 years down the road. =P
I feel like taking a trip. Getting away from the never-ending drudgery of schoolwork. But alas, it’s all wistful thinking. Can’t afford the time nor have the money to do anything bout the trip. J suggested that we go Taiwan. Think that’s a rather nice place to visit, since I haven’t been there before. Oh well, maybe in the May/June holidays I guess.... =)
2 comments:
=)
bossu will surely find a fantastic job! then u'll have the cash to come visit us in singapore. =P
gd luck to ur job search n mine too! n yeap, our DDR presentation tml, i'm still slaving away...
Post a Comment