I was at e-hub just the other day and I saw this group of teenagers behaving rather badly in public. I've seen kids behaving badly before and I've seen my share of good and sensible kids. Was just thinking to myself that if any of the kids were MY kids, I'd feel so ashamed and sad. At that point in time, I've realised that I'd joined the "aunties" category. But I can't help it! Maybe I won't have kids after all. The chances of them ending up like those people will be there and I don't think I can stand it.
On another totally unrelated point, I was just talking to my dad. Totally random chat about his business, my friends, his friends etc etc. Ya know... just a random pointless chat to pass the time. But it got me thinking about the kind of friends I had and still have and the kind of person I want to aspire to be and the kind that I don't want to become. Am not a very nice person by nature. Funny thing is, I don't really aspire to be nicer than what I am. I don't have the burning need to try to be a better person then what I am now. However, I do want to be more of my own person, to stick to my own opinions and have confidence that while my views are not 100% right, they ARE my views and therefore worth defending. That's not to say I'll think that my views are always right but I think I'll try not to change my views to suit what my friends feel. I've seen it happening first hand on some people and I feel sad for that person. How do I put it... when you have to change your opinions or your view on things to suit another person's point of view, no matter how much you like the other person, I feel that it's kinda sad. That eagerness to please and the fear that you've incurred the 'disapproval' of the other person. That just smacks of insecurity. No matter how important that other person really is to you, you shouldn't let it progress to that stage. It's just sad.
And once, a friend told me that the reason why people feel so strongly against a certain kind of characteristics is because they have the potential to behave that way or are already displaying that kind of characteristics. I find that super scary. If I do behave in that manner, do give me a smack on the back of the head to wake me up. =_=
No comments:
Post a Comment