I was reading Jenn’s blog and her post about Japanese lessons in NUS, and it triggered memories of my own. I got the same teacher as you Jenn! I got Xia Qian… but I wasn’t really happy with her lah. Three different tutorials, three different tutors. Frankly speaking, only the TA tutor was a good teacher. TB tutor was xia qian and I can’t quite remember the name of the TC tutor except that he’s a Taiwanese guy. Reason being I don’t really go for TC tutorials. Haha… I think I only went for 3-4 TC lessons the whole semester. Japanese lessons as a whole didn't really register in my brain. It was a series of lectures I didn't go for and tests I'd forgotten to study for. Not to mention homework that I didn't do. =_= Of course I did some of it... I'm not really that suicidal in my second semester. That came later in my NUS life. =_=
Surprisingly, TB lessons were the ones I enjoyed the most. I guess it’s because of the crazy tutorial mates I met there. There were two from the Taekwondo Club, the then vice-captain and another girl. And I'm the "crazy girl" from Kendo (according to him lah. That idiot. =P). We got along famously. Maybe it’s because we’re all from martial arts clubs and we could grouse about the useless sports club together. In any case, I’d forgotten his name now, and I’ll bet that he had forgotten mine coz we usually call each other “xiao eh!” meaning crazy. I still see them the year following the Japanese lessons on some of the training days. Haha…the reason I remembered them is coz I’ll usually be paired up with the crazy guy for Japanese conversation. =_= which meant that I’ll have to endure his crazy and inventive, not to mention loud interpretation of what the conversation is supposed to sound like.
Another classmate I remembered was this tall guy. It was kinda awkward because I had chided him prior to the start of the first class for smoking in AS3. Imagine my shock when he walked in and sat next to me when class commenced. Haha… but we got over that little bit of unpleasantness soon enough. He's the only guy I know that has a bike that cost cheaper than his helmet! Haha... incredulous as it sounds, it's all true! But I can't really remember his name now. =P
Charles told me that I’ll regret it if I don’t drop the module. He took the same module the previous semester. But I was stubborn and well, I paid the price for my stupidity I guess. All in all, it was an eventful class, though the grade I got for this module pulled down my CAP. Damn it! =P I wish I’ll be able to see my tutorial mates again someday… but I don’t much relish being called “xiao eh” in the middle of the street. =_=
2 comments:
Hehe so funny to see my name on ur title, wens! yeah xia qian wasn't too good as a lecturer. i din know got a taiwanese tutor! i din get to know tt many ppl after jap class haha so sad. looks like u had had a fun time after all!
hehe... i couldn't really think of a title... so decided to write whatever first came to mind. =P
the japanese lessons...well, they were fun until the results were released. =P
hahahaha...
Post a Comment