Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It'll take some getting use to...

My grandfather passed away this morning. It’s a weird kind of feeling that I have… sad yet not quite as acute as grief. It'll be weird not having him around. He's like a fixture in my family. I may not be especially close to him but his death will take some getting use to. Looking at his body at the wake, it's strange to see how different he was in death. His body looks so different from what I remembered him to be like. My cousin said that it was because of the make-up... but it's really much more than that. Though I really don't know how to describe it...

I left school early today. Thank goodness my v-p was very understanding. But since I'm really under NIE, I got to apply for leave from them instead of the school. UPA leave from NIE for Friday’s class is unavoidable. But I wonder if I can settle the leave issue with just a phone call. Sigh…

Though truth be told, the atmosphere at the wake is strangly "cheerful". Not the gloomy gloomy type (though in the afternoon it was that way), but rather noisy and to a certain extent, almost cheery. Well, maybe cheery is not the right word to use... but overall, the atmosphere was more positive than negative. I would like to console myself that it would be what he would have like it to be.

3 comments:

heartw|sh* said...

don't be sad about his passing... he's finally moved on from this life to somewhere else. it's only the living who cry for the dead, but the dead are already elsewhere having the time of their (un)lives.

*hugs!!!*

ryozan said...

*HUG*

saizou said...

thanx dears... love ya all!

but i'm feeling fine liao. one of my uncles actually said that there should be no crying at the wake! it's should be a happy one coz he went peacefully and with no worries. =)