Tuesday, April 19, 2005

MRT incidents

Well, I’m sure lots of us have had incidents on MRTs. Encountered weird, rude, even obnoxious people. It’s public transport after all… we’ll get to meet all sorts of people. Well, I’ve met people who pretended to sleep so that they don’t have to give up their seats, some looked anywhere else but at the old fellow, some looked damned uncomfortable yet refused to stand up. I’ve also met people who blatantly refused to give up their seats (well, at least they’re honest bout it).

Today was the best! I was standing, this middle-aged woman was to my right and an old man was also standing to my left. We were the only three people standing in that particular cabin. The people sitting were mostly young people, teens to people in early twenties. You get the drift. One person stood up and alighted at the next stop. The empty seat was right in front of me. Being the nice person I am (haha) I did not sit down. Just as the old man was making his way towards the seat, the woman made a dash for it and sat down. Can you imagine the cheek of it! And then, proceeded to take out a book which turned out to be a bible and read through it. =_= oooohhh... how pious.

Needless to say, I was extremely disgusted. =_=

3 comments:

saizou said...

hahaha...ya're so right! it's the fact that she MADE A DASH for the seat that pissed me off so much. then the bible's just an added touch. i mean...it just seems so hypocritical.

and it was bloody obvious the old man was making his way to the seat lor. =_=

i'm still regreting i din say anything then. =_=

heartw|sh* said...

you should have gasped or started mumbling loudly. but i think she'd have just ignored you, like she ignored the old man. how come you always meet these fans of God who don't give up seats in the MRT?

DQ said...

yea, stick with cute furry animals!