Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Sense of community...

Perhaps because the semester is coming to an end and I know that I’ll get distracted after exams. I think I should blog it all down before my attention is moved to other matters. For the first time in my 4 years in NUS, there’s this sense of community. I feel as though I belong to a class of my own. For the first three years in NUS, I feel that my life revolved around NUSKK (and friends of course. =_=) I take little or no notice of the lessons I went to or the people in my class (Prof M and his lessons excluded of course =P).

As for the honors class, its just like any other normal classes, you won’t be close to everybody, there’ll always be people you don't really like, and there’ll be people whom you are close to. But it all boils down to the fact that all of us are part of a class. The honors room really helps to foster a sense of belonging. I’m not always there but the times spent there either eating or attempting to study or basically just crapping/gossiping or watching the guys play chess or mahjong are all enjoyable times. When I think back on my NUS days, I’ll surely remember the noisy and smelly (only a little lah) honors room.

No comments: